The Static Carvan Club Logo
565true dots bottomright 65true true 800none
  • 4000 fade false 60 bottom 0
  • 7000 fade false 60 bottom 0
  • 8000 fade false 60 bottom 0
620true dots bottomright 360true true 400
  • 6000 slideleft false 60 bottom 30
    Together Sand 
  • 3000 slideleft false 60 bottom 30
  • 3000 slideleft false 60 bottom 30
300true dots bottomright 360true true 800none
  • 10000 fade false 60 bottom 30
    Free Membership 
  • 10000 fade false 60 bottom 30
Want to become a member?

Want to become a Static Caravan Club member?

Being a member of the Static Caravan Club gives you exclusive access to an online chat forum where you can share news & views with other static caravanners. Member privileges also include discounts and benefits. Register online now to become a member.

TV Licensing reminder to Static Caravan owners

TV Licensing reminder to Static Caravan owners

as summer getaway gets underway


With thousands of people about to flock to their favourite UK holiday hotspots over the summer break, TV Licensing is reminding people to check they are correctly licensed.

And with the school holidays upon us, owners of the UK’s holiday homes such as holidaycottages or any other permanent structures, are being reminded they must be covered by a valid TV licence.

Static caravan owners are also being reminded that they may require a separate licence.  Current legislation states that static caravans or mobile homes will require a licence for the static van if a TV is being used to receive or record programmes in the caravan and at the main home address at the same time.

Mark Whitehouse, spokesperson for TV Licensing for the West Midlands, said it was important people understood the licensing requirements if they planned to watch TV in their holiday homes.

“Being caught watching TV without a licence could put a real dampener on your holidays – we want people to ensure that they stay on the right side of the law,” he said.

“And the law is very clear – anyone who watches or records programmes on any device or any channel in their second home – such as a flat, bungalow or any other permanent structure – must be covered by a valid TV licence.  It’s quick and easy to check the requirements online – simply go to

Anyone who owns a static caravan or mobile home and watches or records programmes at the same time as their home address, will need a separate licence to cover the second home.

No licence is needed for a touring caravan so long as a valid TV licence is held for the main home address. A TV Licence can be bought in minutes and costs £145.50 for the year. There are many ways to pay including weekly, monthly and quarterly payments.

Carole Metcalfe, marketing director of the Static Caravan Club, said: “Taking a minute to check the requirements before you head off could be time well spent. It’s very important that people understand the law and make sure they’re covered if they need to be. If people aren’t sure about the requirements, a quick call to TV Licensing will help ensure they stay on the right side of the law.”

If you’re unsure about your licensing requirement, contact TV Licensing on 0300 790 6071 or visit


Paying for a TV Licence:

TV Licensing aims to make it as easy as possible for people to buy a TV Licence, which is why there are many different ways to pay.

  • Online – people are able to pay online at  by Direct Debit or with a debit or credit card
  • Direct Debit – monthly, quarterly or annual Direct Debit payment schemes are available and can be set up online at
  • Over-the-counter – people can pay at any of over 23,500 PayPoint outlets across the country or by cash or credit/debit card.
  • Debit or credit card over the phone – this facility accepts payment from a range of debit cards including Maestro, Delta and Connect
  • By post – send a cheque made payable to TV Licensing to: TV Licensing, Darlington, DL98 1TL


To find out more about paying in weekly instalments over the counter, online, by SMS or by phone on the cash payment plan, call 0300 790 6078 or visit


For more information about any of our payment options and concessions, to set up Direct Debit payments or to pay by debit or credit card please visit or call 0300 790 6112.


‘TV Licensing’ is a trade mark of the BBC and is used under licence by companies contracted by the BBC to administer the collection of television licence fees and enforcement of the television licensing system. The majority of administration is contracted to Capita Business Services Ltd. (‘Capita’). Over-the counter services are provided by PayPoint plc (‘PayPoint’) in the UK mainland and Northern Ireland, and by the Post Office in the Isle of Man and Channel Islands. Marketing and printing services are contracted to Proximity London Ltd. Media services are contracted to Mediaedge: CIA International Limited (“MEC”). The BBC is a public authority in respect of its television licensing functions and retains overall responsibility.


No Comments »

Leave a Reply

Connect With Us

Follow us on Twitter Like us on Facebook

Contact Information

Address: The Static Caravan Club,
8 Woodland View, Spilsby, Lincolnshire, PE23 5GD

Phone: 01790 753053